Saturday, August 13, 2016

Kenny Baker Has Passed Away


kenny-baker-bw

I was relaxing this beautiful Saturday afternoon, and it all came crashing down with the news that Kenny Baker, the beloved actor who brought the wonderful R2-D2 to life, has passed away at the age of 81.  The 3 foot 8 inch actor almost didn't take on the role of the quirky droid, when he was first approached by George Lucas to take on the part, he told the man, "I don't want to be stuck in a robot, what for, for goodness sake?"  Finally, he told Lucas, "I'll help you out."  His helping George out ended up spanning seven movies, and a world of adoring fans.  I won't go into his history, and I won't discuss all of the wonderful movies that he's been a part of.  I will only say "Thank You."  Thank you, Mr. Kenny Baker, for giving me a wonderful childhood that included watching your wonderful films.  You will truly be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment