Thursday, September 5, 2019

Is This Going To Be The Next Big Baddie In The MCU?


Before the split between Sony and Marvel happened, there were plans on making Norman Osborn the next major villain that the MCU would have to contend with, but since Spider-Man's departure from the MCU, Marvel has shifted towards another, newly acquired villain...Doctor Doom.

He's made his way onto the silver screen in two attempts, both which crashed and burned tremendously.  Fox just couldn't figure out how to make Doctor Doom the comic book character into a real life person.  So now that Marvel has the rights back to him (as well as the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer) I'm optimistic that they will do him right.  I mean, look at how well they did Mysterio in the movie Spider-Man: Far From Home.  He looked just like his comic book counterpart, AND...he didn't look cheesy on the big screen.  In fact, he looked great!  That was the version that we deserved to get as fans.  Now that Marvel has Doom as their property, I feel we are going to get the best version of him as well.

The next question is, "Who is going to play Doctor Doom?"  It sounds like Marvel and Disney have a few names on a short list already.  Two of them, I'm not too sure about.  They are Michael Fassbender and Hugh Jackman.  Look, I really like both of these guys as actors, but with Disney just picking up the X-Men from Fox, I don't know if it's a good idea to through these two into the mix.  Their roles as Magneto and Wolverine respectively are still pretty fresh.  Would they be the right pick for the character?  The third person who's name pops up is Christoper Waltz.  Now this guy plays a really good bad guy!  You would have seen him in movies like Inglorious Bastards and Spectre.  Waltz also hasn't appeared in a comic book related movie yet, so a new face to the role would work out better in my opinion.

What do you think?  Am I being too critical in my choice out of the three names mentioned, or do you think my points are valid?  Let me know your opinion on the matter.  You can leave them in the comments section below, or you can leave them on my Facebook page.  Either way, I want to hear from you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment