Sunday, September 15, 2019

Is This Character Coming To The Star Wars Universe After All?


I remember when George Lucas opened up the Star Wars Universe to writers to tell their own tales in his Galaxy Far, Far Away.  While Disney and Lucasfilm haven't embraced every character that was introduced in the Expanded Universe and what is now called Star Wars Legends,  there are some that are making the transition from Legend to Canon.  One of the most popular of these has been General Thrawn, but there is one character that I would argue that is more popular than Thrawn that is rumored to be making the same transition, and that is none other than Mara Jade.

Mara Jade was Luke Skywalker's wife in the Expanded Universe and was able to wield the Force as well.  She had been Brain washed by the Emperor and became his right-hand woman, made to do his bidding, Luke was able to free her from the clutches of the Emperor and they eventually got married and have a child together who they name Ben.  The movies have changed this up, Having Han and Leia's son being Ben, where as in the Expanded Universe Han and Leia had twins Jacen and Jaina.  But I'm getting away from the subject here...

It's being rumored that Disney and Lucasfilm are in the early stages of developing a Mara Jade series for Disney+, but this hasn't been officially been confirmed bu Disney/Lucasfilm.  If this turns out to be true, it will be a huge win for fans of the Expanded Universe and it will be interesting to see how they incorporate her into Canon.  Will her and Luke have been married, or did they even meet for that matter?  I'm looking forward to more news on this front, and I will keep you updated as soon as I find out more information.  Let me know what you think about this by leaving a comment in the section below (and make sure you follow me here!) or you can reach out to me on Facebook by going to The Comconoclast,  or you can find me on MeWe.  Just type in Comconovace in the search engine, and follow me there.  

If you have anything that you want me to talk about, make sure you let me know and I will look into it.  Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment