Thursday, September 12, 2019

Guess Who's Coming To Disney Soon?


I know that the above picture is a little misleading, so let me get the Spider-Man news out there first.  Right now he is not going to be joining the MCU, but having said that, I have learned that the negotiations are still taking place between Sony and Disney.  Sony's most recent offer is 30% of the profits, and let Venom into the MCU.  I do not think that Disney will accept this offer, because as I have posted before, they just recently acquired the X-Men and the Fantastic Four properties from 20th Century Fox and are busy working on integrating them into the MCU.  Why would they distract themselves on Spider-Man, a property that they do not own, when they have much larger things to deal with?  I'm just bringing up the most recent proposal to let you all know that while Sony has stated that the "door has been close" on Spider-Man returning to the MCU, it really hasn't closed fully.  It's more like it's ajar.

So if it's not Spider-Man that's coming to the MCU, it must be Deadpool.  And guess what? It's being said that he could appear as early as the end credits scene for the upcoming Black Widow movie.  Disney is able to do this because unlike their X-Men and fantastic Four character that they are going to have to recast, Ryan Reynolds is staying on as the Merc With A Mouth.  Since they don't have to recast Deadpool, they can throw him in wherever they want, and from what I've heard, they want to do this a lot.  

Disney is planning appearances by Deadpool across a number of different movies and Disney+ shows here coming up.  They also are planning a Deadpool 3 movie, but don't worry, they are not planning on taming him down at all.  He will still be the same 4th wall breaking potty mouth that we have come to love, and that Reynolds has mastered.

So if you weren't planning on going to see the Black Widow movie for any reason at all (and I don't know why you wouldn't want to see it) now you have a reason, even if it'll be a less than two minutes end credit scene.

I know that this post and the previous one are a lot to take in, but I want to know what your thoughts are on everything.  Leave your comments in the section below, or you can reach me on my Facebook page, The Comconoclast. Until next time, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment