Friday, April 8, 2016

Rogue One Trailer Released

rogue one star wars story death star Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer Teases All Out War

So like they promised, Disney released the first trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story yesterday during "Good Morning America". You can check it out down below: 






As was expected, most of the fan reactions were positive, but there were quite a few negative ones, too.  Those that complained about the trailer are the ones who find fault in everything, and complain just for the sake of complaining.  One of the gripes that I heard?  Someone complained that the writing was horrible.  The example they used was when Felicity Jones says something along the lines of, "This is supposed to be a rebellion, right?  I'm rebelling." Personally, I thought it was a pretty good line. 

What the trailer did show us is that this movie looks to be the darkest and most violent Star Wars movie to date.  When they said that this was going to be a heist film, they weren't kidding.  There are a lot of scenes of battles, explosions, and bodies flying around.  And how cool was it to see the AT-AT's again?  I remember being a kid watching The Empire Strikes Back for the fist time, and when they first showed them on the screen through the binoculars, and then zoomed in to show us their size, I was both scared and amazed.  Look, I was ten at the time, so give me a break.

It's been mentioned in rumors about the film that we are going to be introduced to a new Imperial big baddie, and my guess is that we saw him dressed in white in the trailer.  Still don't know much about him or what his role will be, but I'm pretty excited to find out.

What was your impression of the trailer?  Leave me your thoughts in the comments section down below.  Rogue One: A Star Wars Story comes out December 16, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment