Friday, December 18, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Movie Reaction

Star-Wars-Rey-BB8

First off, I'm sorry this is a little late, but I was up late last night trying to take in all of the excitement of seeing this amazing film!

I got to the movie theater a couple of hours before the movie was set to begin.  This is the seventh Star Wars movie that I've seen on opening night, and that doesn't include the "special editions" that were released.  I was one of the lucky ones.  I live in a fairly small town, so I didn't have to endure waiting in line for days on end hoping to get in to see it.  This was also the first time that I was able to purchase my tickets online before the premier.  People were all duded up in their Star Wars clothes, and some even wore costumes.  With an hour and a half to go before the movie, they started to seat people.  While we were waiting, there were a lot of children running around having lightsaber fights throughout the theater.  Everybody was excited that it was finally here.


The classic Williams score began, and the crawl began to go to a theater full of cheers.  There were people laughing at some parts, and crying at others.  There were definite nods to the original films, with little things thrown in to certain scenes.  Every time this happened, I'd nudge the person next to me and point, both of us grinning because they knew exactly what I was pointing to, and why.  


This movie does a great job at introducing us to the new core of main characters, and weaves in the classic ones really well, too.  I am also pleased to say that around 90 percent of the rumors that have been floating around the interweb regarding this movie are false.  If you haven't been able to stop reading things about the movie and are afraid that you know too much about it to enjoy it, don't worry.  It's full of surprises and it won't disappoint you.  


There is a lot more humor in this movie than all three of the prequels put together, and it definitely has that Kasdan feel.  It's the movie that fans have been waiting for since 1983.


This was just a reaction post to the movie.  I do not want to spoil this film for anybody, and I hope that you enjoy this film just like I did, without knowing what's going to happen!  Somewhere down the road I may talk about the details of the movie more, but that won't be until it leaves the theaters, which I suspect won't be for a very long time!   

No comments:

Post a Comment