Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Spider-Man In The MCU


 
Tom Holland seems to have a pretty good outlook on the new cinematic version of Spider-Man that he is going to be playing, and he makes some interesting points as to what separates him from the other superheros in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
 
So far, Marvel has been giving Peter Parker the "Luke Skywalker treatment," because they've been keeping him out of their trailer releases, but that hasn't stopped Holland from talking about his role as Spider-Man in the upcoming Captain America film, and on his first stand-alone movie.  While talking to SuperHeroHype during his rounds promoting In The Heart Of The Sea, the topic of Spider-Man came up...go figure!  Here's what he had to say to them:
 
“I have always been a huge fan of Spider-Man, and growing up, I had countless Spider-Man costumes,” he told us. “Only two years ago did I go to a fancy dress party dressed as Spider-Man. I had this awesome morph suit where you can put your phone on your chest and spiders would crawl across the costume, it was awesome! He’s always been a big part of my life and a big part of boys’ lives because everybody can relate to him.”
 
I have to admit, I felt the same way about Spider-Man growing up.  He was one of my favorite comic book characters, but what sets him apart from the other Marvel superheros in the MCU?
 
“I think one of the most interesting things about Peter Parker for us is that he’s the only person in the MCU now that has a secret identity, so we all know who everyone else is. I think it’s quite interesting to go back to that hiding behind a mask.”
 
Again, I thought that this was a pretty astute thing for him to notice and point out.  To be honest, I hadn't even thought about that aspect of his character in the MCU.  So was there any news on the new Spider-Man movie that Marvel and Sony are getting ready to film?
 
“We’re shooting in Atlanta for most of it, because they have studios there and I think it’s cheaper to build a New York set than it is to shoot here, because it’s going to be very expensive. We probably will end up here (in New York) for one week or two.”
 
I like this kid's energy.  He seems to really respect the character and wants to live up to people's love of the guy, and not try to change him like some actors wanted to do (yes, I'm talking to you, Andrew Garfield!)  You'll be able to get your first look at Tom Holland as Spider-Man in next summer's release of Captain America: Civil War, out May 6, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment