Sunday, December 27, 2015

Did Disney Just Reveal Rey's Identity Through Another Screw-Up?

star-wars-tfa-rey-face-han

Okay, so I know that I said that I wasn't going to talk about the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie until it left the theaters, but this is too good not to report on!  So!  Before I go any further...***SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!***  If this doesn't give you enough warning, then I really don't know what will.  You've been warned!

Okay, here we go...last chance to turn back...still here?  Okay, if you haven't seen the movie yet and you keep reading from this point on, it's your own fault!


Last week I talked about how LEGO unwittingly revealed a potential spoiler for Captain America: Civil War by unveiling a giant version of the Ant-Man.  I said that I was surprised that Disney allowed this to happen considering the tight lid that they put on everything that had to do with Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  I said that JJ Abrams would never let anything like this happen.  I guess I was wrong, Disney is just as inept to things when it comes to Star Wars, as well.


There was a Disney Infinity "trailer" that made it's way online, and during it's preview Kylo Ren says to Rey, "Face me, cousin!"  So it seems that there is some sort of family relationship between the two. The obvious thought is that Rey is somehow Luke Skywalker's child.  But what if she isn't?


There is another article that is going around that deals with the crawl from The Force Awakens.  It's kind of a stretch, but it should be mentioned, because it may turn out to be true.  Before I go any further, check out the picture of the crawl that is being scrutinized:

force-awakens-crawl

Here's where your grammar lessons are going to come into play...and you thought that they would never come in handy!  In the crawl, when it refers to Luke as Leia's brother, it doesn't use any commas.  If it was referring to Luke as her only brother, then it would have read " She is desperate to find her brother, Luke, and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy."  If she had more than one brother, then the lack of commas labels Luke as the brother to which they are referring.  Was this an accident?  I find this hard to believe.  How is there another sibling to both Luke and Leia?  Their mother died in child birth, right?  Is it possible that Darth Vader got a little busy on the side?  Rey may honestly be Kylo Ren's cousin, but it may also be possible that she is not Luke's daughter, but is his niece from another Skywalker that hasn't been revealed yet!  Pretty crazy, right

What do you think about this theory?  Do you think that this is a possibility?  Let me know
your thoughts in the section below...I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! 



2 comments:

  1. About the possibility of Leia having any other brother, that's very interesting and I think that might be possible. I'm not so sure Anakin got busy on the side, but I think it's possible that his cell might been sampled by someone sometime and got his clone without his notice but this is super stupid idea I've ever come up with. About Rey, it was strongly alluded that she is in the Skywalker bloodline and Luke's daughter so I think she is Luke's daughter as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I think she may not be Luke's daughter is because it seems too obvious that she's his daughter. Does that make any sense? Sounds confusing when I read this to myself. LOL!

      Delete