Saturday, December 26, 2015

Kurt Russell In Talks To Join Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2


Kurt Russell is being eyed for a leading role in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
When I read the article talking about how Kurt Russell was going to be talking to James Gunn about appearing in the next chapter of Guardians of the Galaxy, I was excited and stunned at what he had said about the first movie.  Check out what he said when asked about being approached to appear in the movie:
"I literally got a phone call two days ago about this, I’ve never seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I don’t know anything about it. Many times I’ve heard ‘That’s a really fun movie, a really good movie [with] great characters.’ I don’t know it! So, I didn’t realize that [James Gunn] had written and directed it, but we talked to each other on the phone. And I just had to be honest and say, ‘Thank you for considering me, I have to read [the script], and I have to watch the [first] movie because I can’t bring anything for you [right now]. I’ve got nothing to offer here. So, I’m amazed to get asked about this because everybody knows more about it than I do... it’s a little weird."

Do you see why I was stunned?  I had no idea that there were still people out there that still hadn't seen the movie yet!  In Mr. Russell's defense, he  has been extremely busy (and no, that isn't sarcasm).  This year alone he has appeared as Mr. Nobody in Furious 7, as Sheriff Franklin Hunt in Bone Tomahawk, and is set to play John "The Hangman" Ruth in the upcoming The Hateful Eight.  With the three movies coming out this year, that means he's been pretty busy for the last two years filming.  I'd give him a pass.  When he does watch it, though, I hope he enjoys it just as much as the rest of the world and decides to join the cast.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is set for release May 5, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment