Monday, July 6, 2015

Jay And Silent Bob To Appear In New Kevin Smith Film

Kevin Smith Teases Very Special Plans For Jay And Silent Bob image

I know, I know, how can that be considered "news?" 

Kevin Smith, writer/director of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, Clerks 2...yeah, okay, you get the idea!  He's contemplating putting the iconic duo in the last of his "True North Trilogy."  The first of this run was Tusk, next to be released is Yoga Hosers, and finishing out the three will be Moose Jaws.  This will be the first time that Jay and Silent Bob have appeared in a film outside of their own cinematic universe, or as it's more commonly referred to, the View Askewnivers!

As Smith usually does. he took to posting his thoughts on the upcoming film to his fans, and kind of floated the idea out there to see what people's reactions would be to the idea.  For the most part, most fans seemed to enjoy the idea of seeing them in the film, even if it was just as a cameo, but there were a vocal minority that wanted to keep the two universes separate.  I think I fall under the "vocal minority" side.  The two film universes work really well apart, and there is no need to combine the two, and it makes it seem more of a marketing or a commercial gimmick, and Smith doesn't come across as a sell-out.

I have to be honest, I'm really looking forward to Moose Jaws.  If what I read about it on CinemaBlend.com is accurate, imagine Jaws, but instead of a shark, it's a moose.  How could this movie not work?!?  Believe it or not, I'm not being sarcastic!  I really can't wait to see this movie!

The melding of the two universes isn't a done deal, and it sounds like Smith wants to get the opinion of his fans before making any final decision on the matter.  I think it's pretty reassuring that Smith is taking how the fans feel into consideration before tinkering with the two cinematic universes. Yeah, I'm talking to you, George Lucas!

No comments:

Post a Comment