Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Is This Rumor Real? According To Comicboolmovie.com It Is...

Indiana Jones

I'm finding this one hard to believe, but if it turns out to be true, I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't reported it when I'd found out.  With everything that Kathleen Kennedy has said on the subject, as well as Chris Pratt for that matter, I find it very unlikely that this is true.

Okay, so here it is!  According to comicbookmovie.com (just for the record, this isn't one of my "go to" sites, so I can't vouch for their track record on reporting things) there is going to be a short teaser  at the beginning of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, kind of like how they used to show cartoons before the feature began.  This one, though, is no cartoon.  It's Indiana Jones himself.  Here's how the teaser is described:

A very old Indiana Jones is sitting in his study with several books open - a laptop computer is nearby, clearly unused.  The books show images of crystal skulls.

In walks Indy's grandson who says something like, "I told you we have to hurry if we are going to make it to Glastonbury" - possibly holding a book on King Arthur.  This character would be [Chris] Pratt's if he does get the role...

The grandson feels a little bad for rushing the old man and tries helping Indy along and asks what all the books spread out on his desk are about.

Indy looks up and says, "Nothing, just a stupid dream I had."

They walk out the door and cue the music.

This is a bad idea from the start.  First of all, the grandson shouldn't be Pratt.  If they are doing this, make it a kid, someone that doesn't really have anything to do with anything.  If they get Pratt, he needs to be the next Indy, not some "grandson" of the man!  I like the King Arthur angle of the potential short, and I think that would make for a good movie, but like I said, I'm not expecting this to actually turn out to be true.  So why am I talking about this if I don't think this is going to happen?  I just thought the idea behind it would be fun if it were.

(It would be a great way to erase the Crystal Skulls from it's cannon, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment