Tuesday, July 7, 2015

It Was The Superman Movie That Never Was...

The Death of Superman Lives poster

...And thank goodness it never happened!  I know I'm going to ruffle a few feathers by saying this, but I'm not a very big Tim Burton movie fan.  Seeing all of the old photos from his attempt at re-energizing the Superman franchise back in the 90's, I get down on my knees and thank the comic book gods that this movie never got made.  The thing is, it's like a car wreck, you can't help but stare and wonder at what happened.  I"m not the only one that feels this way, either.  Documentarian filmmaker Jon Schnepp has also been wondering what happened to the movie and why it never got made.  You can watch the first ten minutes of his film down below:


I think that the thing from the documentary that stuck with me the most was when the guy/fan said that when he saw George Reeves or Christopher Reeves playing Superman, you thought, "Hey!  That's Superman!"  With Nicholas Cage he thought, "Hey! That's Nicholas Cage trying to play Superman!"  I mean really, what were they thinking with that casting choice?  Even at the height of his popularity, Cage could never pull off the role of Superman, let alone Clark Kent.  Still, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of this documentary.

The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? will be officially released July 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment