Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kevin Smith Has A Good Idea For Arrow Season 5

One of The CW's biggest fans (when it comes to their DC programs) is Kevin Smith.  In fact, he's such a fan of the shows, that he even directed an episode of The Flash, and to be honest, it was on of the best episodes of it's second season.  It was so good, in fact, that he's been asked to come back and direct another episode next season, and he may be also be directing an episode of Arrow, too.  Den of Geek also seemed curious about this possibility, and they asked him about it, and what he thought about bringing the character Onomatopoeia to the show.

“Oh my god, I would love that so much. I’ve not heard from anybody over there, even though I’ve talked about it in the press quite a bit and stuff.  I know I’m going back to The Flash, first week of September, to direct episode 7 of season 3. Still haven’t heard anything back from Arrow. You know, I wish, it would be amazing because I would love to write and direct Onomatopoeia in the show. Um, but I know they’re doing – what is it? – Wild Dog this year, as well as Vigilante, so maybe they’re just like ‘we don’t need you,’ or whatever. But, at the moment, anyone over there raises a flag; I’m like ‘please, let me in!’ That’d be fun as f**k.”

In case you are not aware, Onomatopoeia is a villain that Smith helped to create while he was writing for the Green Arrow comic books, a character that later spilled into the Batman comics as well, specifically Batman: Cacophony and Batman: The Widening Gyre.  The character's "super power" is that he can mimic any sound with his voice, hence the character's name.  Den of Geek asked Smith if he saw this being as being a problem when adapting it to a live action show:

“Yeah, I’ve figured out a way to do it that is kinda bad-ass and also connects to comics more or less. So instead of just doing the actual sound – which to me, in the real world, would be like the dude from Police Academy making noises with his mouth – he’ll just have little cards. Business cards that have typewritten words of whatever the f**k. So instead of him saying ‘blam,’ you’d find this card on your desk and turn around and ‘blam,’ he’d shoot you and stuff like that. Which I think is a little more chilly, you know, for doing it in live action.”

So, does he think that the producers and writers for Arrow would be up for adding Onomatopoeia to the Arrow-verse?

“Even if they don’t, maybe I could do it on Flash, or Legends Of Tomorrow, or now Supergirl as well. There’s a couple of shows there.”

What do you think about Onomatopoeia joining the show?  Are you familiar with the guy, and if you are, do you think he'd make a good addition to the series?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Arrow returns for season 5 on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 on The CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment