Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Mark Hamill Did Not Give Anything Away With His Recent Interview...

I've received a couple of emails from people asking if I had read the interview that Mark Hamill had given to The Big Issue in London the other day.  During the interview, Hamill says (quite off the cuff), "I finish Episode VIII, and then I'm out of work."  People are now wondering if this means that he let it slip that Luke Skywalker is going to die in Episode VIII, and that his future with the franchise is coming to an end. 

First, let me answer the question as to if I had read the article about his interview...yes.  However, a few of you all might not know that there was a response that Mark Hamill has posted to his Twitter account where he says, "I meant 'out of work' because #Ep8 is wrapping soon, OK? #DontOverThinkEVERYTHING #ParsingHamill #WaitForVIII."  This puts everything to bed now, right?

Not necessarily.  Who knows? They may decide to kill of Luke in the movie, we won't know until it comes out, but even if Luke does end up dying, don't you think that they would bring Mark Hamill back to be filmed as a Force Ghost for Episode IX?  I find it hard to believe that this is going to be the last we see of Luke Skywalker, especially since he still has so much to reveal about what he's learned about the Force and the history of the Jedi Knights, not to mention the Sith and the Knights of Ren.  Who better to explain to the audience about any of these things?

So let me apologize for today's posting, since it seems to kind of be a "non-story" story, but I didn't want people's imaginations running away with only half of what's been said on this matter.  If you all have anything to add on this, feel free to contact me at me email address (comconocave@gmail.com) or you can leave your thoughts in the comments section down below.


No comments:

Post a Comment