Wednesday, June 8, 2016

FINALLY! The Hulk Has Come Back To Asgard!

Hulk Loki Tom Hiddelson The Avengers Thor Ragnarok: Chris Hemsworth & Tom Hiddleston Tease New Tone & Hulk


Okay, that was a poor attempt to use Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's opening line to introduce this story!  So why did I use that for my intro?  It seems that the biggest rematch in the MCU is going to be taking place during Thor: Ragnarok next fall, between the villainous Loki and the Incredible Hulk!


Tom Hiddleson and Chris Hemsworth recently took place on a panel at Wizard World Philadelphia where they were talking about the upcoming film, and Hiddleston had this to say about the rematch:


“And lets not forget that its no secret that the Hulk shows up in Ragnarok, and the last time Loki and Hulk were in the same room didn’t go very well for Loki. So, he’s got a few chips on his shoulder, but it’s fun, you’ll see.”


This is one rematch that I can't wait to see.  But that wasn't the only thing that we learned about the movie from the onscreen siblings.  Hemsworth told the crowd that the next installment in the Thor series was going to take on a more adventurous tone with even more humor to it.  Here's what Hemsworth had to say:


“Man, it is a lot of fun. I think tonally it’s a big shift in a great way, more than anything we’ve seen before. Taika Waititi, the director, if you know any of his work, he’s just an incredible sort of comedic talent a lot of heart in everything he does. It’s a very different Thor, it’s a different Loki; we go off on another world that we haven’t experienced before. It’s fun, but that’s me skirting around the issue because I can’t say too much.”


The last time we say either Thor or the Hulk was at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron back in 2015.  Thor had gone back to Asgard to find out more about the Infinity Stones that he saw in his vision, and the Hulk disappeared in a Quinjet that he was flying.  No one knows what happened to him, but rumors are flying around that the next time we see him, he will be off world, fighting in a gladiator-style arena for the Grandmaster (played by Jeff Goldblum),  It's being described as a "Planet Hulk" style scene, with the Hulk in full-on battle gear.  That is enough reason by itself for me to go see this movie!  While we don't know how the Hulk came to be on this planet, I'm sure everything will be made clear once the movie hits theaters November 3, 2017.


So what do you think?  Are you getting excited for this movie to be released?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section down below.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you've got me pumped. I'm going to have to search the library and see if I can get acquainted with the planet hulk comics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've got me pumped. I'm going to have to search the library and see if I can get acquainted with the planet hulk comics.

    ReplyDelete