Friday, February 20, 2015

New G.I. Joe Movie Bringing Back Some Familiar Villains



I have to admit, when the first G.I. Joe movie was announced, I was pretty jazzed!  I couldn't wait to see what they were going to do in bringing one of my favorite cartoons to life!  Then I saw it. Ugh.  Wish I never wasted my $12 on that piece of garage.  I waited to see the second movie until it came out on Blu-Ray.  That one I liked.  In fact, I've watched it more than a few times.  They seemed to learn from the mistakes they made in the first movie.  So why am I waxing nostalgic with you all right now?

The third movie in the G.I. Joe franchise is slated to be released some time next year, and the rumor mill has been teasing us with some possibilities for the upcoming flick.  The first of which are the main bad guys.  Yes, I said "guys."  Twins Tomax and Xamot are said to be the films villains.  In the cartoon, the twins were the public face of COBRA's Extensive Enterprises, and were also in charge of the elite Crimson Guard.  The twins are extremely close.  They finish each others sentences, know what the other is thinking, and can even feel the pain the other is feeling.  It's being reported that Paramount is looking to only hire one actor to play both of these roles.

The other bit of news that is being discussed is the possible appearance of one of the members of M.A.S.K. (short for Mobile Armored Strike Kommand.)  M.A.S.K. was created by Kenner back in 1985 to compete with Hasbro's G.I. Joe.  M.A.S.K. even had their own DC comic book for a while before being purchased by Hasbro.  The lead character from the team, Matt Trakker, is said to be the one joining the movie.

So what do you think?  Are you looking forward to seeing the next installment, or is it dead on arrival?

G.I. Joe 3 is scheduled for 2016 release, and is being directed by D.J. Caruso.

No comments:

Post a Comment