Thursday, January 29, 2015

So Who Is DC Going To Get To Play The New Green Lantern?


Tyrese Gibson Green Lantern
Look, I love to bust Ryan Reynold's balls for the horrible movies that he's wound up in (i.e. Green Lantern, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, R.I.P.D.) but let's be honest, it's not his fault.  This falls entirely on the writing and the directing of these movies.  Was it his fault that he had his mouth taken away as Deadpool in Wolverine?  No.  It was the idiot that wrote that piece of garbage!  And just for the record?  I can not WAIT to see him in the upcoming Deadpool movie!  He's going to really do the character justice!  But that's not what I'm here to talk about.

DC is getting ready to launch a huge movie franchise that is going to start off next year with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and they have already announced a two-part Justice League film.  We already have the actors playing Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, and The Flash, but we have no idea who is to fill the green tights of the Lantern.  Oh, by the way, if you don't know who's playing all of the characters that I just named, they are (in the same order) Henry Cavill, Ben Afleck, Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher, Jason Momoa, and Ezra Miller.

I was reading a couple of articles on two different websites, and they gave me two way different accounts on the direction that DC is going with this character.  I will discuss both of them here, and since both of these are purely speculation, I won't go into much detail on either.  Let's start with a new Hal Jordan! 

Forbes.com is suggesting that Bradley Cooper would be the prime candidate for the role.  I don't see this happening.  Why?  The reason is simple...he lent his voice to Marvel in The Guardians of the Galaxy.  I honestly don't see Bradley Cooper jumping ship from one franchise over to another one.  He seems to have a loyalty to companies that take a chance on him, so I don't see him trying out for this role.  Of course, if the money's right...right?

Next, let's talk John Stewart!  Tyrese Gibson, best known for his role in the Fast and Furious films, seems to be pushing himself towards the front of the pack if they decide to go for an alternate Green Lantern.  He would make a great Green Lantern, too, but as he warns on his Instagram account, Idris Elba might also be in the running for this one!  I don't know who I'd rather see, but either of these two would be phenomenal!

What do you think?  Should they be limiting themselves to just Hall Jordan and John Stewart?  What about Guy?  What about Kyle?  Do you think they should be considering them?  Let me know what you think, and leave them in the comments section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment