Friday, February 19, 2016

So Who Is Peter Quill's Father? Here's One Fan's Thoughts On The Matter...


Guaridans of the Galaxy 2


I know, I already used this picture once this week, but I really like it, especially the little baby Groot standing on Drax's shoulder.  But that's not what this is going to be about.  Instead, I wanted to throw out this theory on who Peter Quill's father is going to be in the the sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  I'm not sure who the idea first came from, but I thought that it was interesting enough to mention it.  If it turns out that this actually happens, it will seriously shake things up for the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
We've already been told that Thanos won't be appearing in any more films until Avengers: Infinity Wars 1 & 2 come out, but what if what of his family members makes an appearance?  I mean, besides Gamora and Nebula, but they aren't actually related to him.
According to the Marvel comic books, Thanos was born to Alars (later to be called Mentor) and Sui-San, the last surviving Eternal on Titan after war broke out.  Thanos was a mutant child, not resembling his parents at all.  His younger brother, on the other hand, did.  This handsome younger brother to Thanos was called Eros.  While Thanos later became obsessed with the cosmic embodiment of death, Eros had the "natural ability to excite pleasure in others."  He would travel around the universe searching for adventure and romance.  He even made it to Earth at one point.  See where I'm going with this?
What if Quill's father ends up being Eros?  How messed up would that be?  First off, the whole Quill and Gamora thing would turn into a Luke kissing Leia sort of thing, right?  At least, they aren't actually related to one another, but they'd still be cousins, right?  And that would make Thanos Quill's uncle!
Like I said, this is just one theory that someone put out there, but I thought I'd share it with everyone.  I wouldn't put it past James Gunn to shake things up like this, either.  He can make pretty much anything work in a movie for him.
So what do you think?  To far out there, or plausible?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 arrives in theaters May 5, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment