Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Could We Still Get A Zombieland Sequel?

zombieland

I have to be honest, this is one of my all time favorite movies!  The funny thing is, when I first saw the trailer for this movie back in 2009 I had no desire to see it.  It wasn't until it came out on DVD and one of my friends told me that I needed to watch it that I did.  I ended up buying the DVD, then upgraded to BluRay a couple of years later.  I still watch it quite a bit, it's one of the few movies that I can watch over and over again without it getting old.  The characters are great, and the actors that play them were perfect choices.  The story and the humor are top notch, and I have to be honest, I hadn't seen a movie that compared to it until Deadpool came out a couple of weeks ago.  This shouldn't have surprised me, since Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick were also the ones that wrote Zombieland.

After Zombieland grew to a "cult classic," rumors swirled around that there was going to be a sequel.  Instead, we got a cheap television pilot of the same name from Amazon Studios which never got picked up after it's debut.  So where does this leave the sequel that never happened?  Here's what Reese had to say about the matter while doing a Q & A with Cinemablend.com:

"It's actually still in development over at Sony.  They've had a couple of writers take a crack at it.  We're still exec producers and we're guiding and helping where we can.  I think there's still very much talk about it, but I think it has to be right.  I think all the actors and [original Zombieland director] Reuben [Fleischer] all feel like there's no reason to do it again if we're not getting it exactly right."

So if the writers can't get a good script put together, then no sequel.  I'm hoping they do, because I'd love to see everybody come back for another go around to try and find some Twinkies!

No comments:

Post a Comment