Tuesday, June 2, 2015

They're About To Ruin Another Classic!


I think that this picture says it all (sob!).

According to Comicbook.com, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in negotiations to play Jack Burton, a role that was originally played by Kurt Russell in the John Carpenter film from 1986.  Jack Burton is a truck driver that finds himself caught in the middle of a mystical fight between two warring factions in New York City's Chinatown.  Do yourself a favor, watch the original before this ever makes it's way onto the big screen!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Hollywood is now filled with talentless hacks that can't come up with an original idea if their life depended on them.  Don't believe me?  Let me give you some examples:

Total Recall
Poltergeist
Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick!)
The Karate Kid
Psycho
Footloose
Rollerball

Do I need to go on?  And let's not forget:

Friday the 13th
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween (maybe...)

I'm not looking forward to this one, but I know others are.  Heck, even Ken said that he thought it would "Rock."  Yeah, I know.  Made me groan, too.  But it was funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment