Monday, June 15, 2015

The Kingsman: The Secret Service Sequel Is Coming

kingsman-the-secret-service

Okay, I have a slight confession to make.  I hadn't watched Kingsman: The Secret Service until this past weekend.  When I saw the previews for the film, all I could think was it looks like a British version of Agent Cody Banks, and how horrible of a movie was that one?  Boy, was I ever wrong!

I think that the scene that won me over was when Colin Firth went ape-crap crazy in the church, all to the tune of Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.  Holy cow, was that a bloodbath!  And Samuel L. Jackson  talking like Mike Tyson the whole time made me laugh, too!  This one is definitely going to be added to my library of BluRays!  My only complaint about the movie?  Once it was over, it was over.  I wanted to see more!

Well, it sounds like I might get my wish! Yahoo recently sat down with Matthew Vaughn, and he confirmed that a sequel is currently in the works, which is a little unusual for him.

"Well, the good news is that I'm writing it next door at the moment, " Vaughn said.  "If I think I can get the script good enough, then we are making it.  We are doing our damnedest to make it happen."  He continued, "I'm in love with these characters and I want to work with them again, so I'll probably be breaking the rule of me tending not to make sequels."

Matthew Vaughn, who also directed and helped write both Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class, even suggested that if he could get the script to his liking, he'd probably end up directing the sequel, as well!  The writer/director doesn't shy away from graphic novel adaptations, or even toning the films down to get a PG-13 rating, like most movies do.  His adaptation of Mark Millar's graphic novel was fantastic, and it's $400 million haul it made during it's run should help ease the minds of the people over at 20th Century Fox over their Deadpool movie that'll be released soon.  Stay true to the comic, and the people will show up to watch!

What were your thoughts on the movie?  How about your thoughts on the sequel?  Let me know in the comments down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment