Monday, June 1, 2015

Mark Millar On A Stand Alone Hit Girl Movie

hit girl

I have to admit, I loved the movie Kick-Ass.  The story was good, the actors that they chose to play the roles were spot-on, and the gore factor of some of the fight scenes actually made me laugh!  I never went and saw Kick-Ass 2, though.  I didn't want to ruin the first movie by watching a lousy sequel...that and Jim Carey was in it.  Judging by the returns the movie made, I'm not alone in my feelings about the sequel.  The only reason I would've considered going to see the movie was to find out what happened to Hit Girl after the first movie.

It sounds like Mark Millar also has a soft spot for this character, as well.  Here's what he had to say on the matter when he recently sat down for an interview with JoBlo and the topic of a stand alone Hit Girl movie was brought up:

"I love the idea of there being Hit Girl movies, it has to be the right story though," Millar stated. "We have a crazy idea for it, and every now and then I think, is this too crazy? Because it's kind of insane. Would the world accept this? It makes Kick-Ass look like Finding Nemo. Matthew [Vaughn] and I have chatted about it in the pub, and it's fine in the pub, but when we're being interviewed two years later, is it going to be terrifying? So I don't know, it seems a fun thing, though."

He went on to say:

"It's funny, because Hit Girl was slightly pre-dated by about a year, before those kick-ass action heroine characters like The Hunger Games and Hanna and those kinds of things came along. And now I feel is a great time for her, so it could be really interesting."

He makes a very good point, especially with people still giving Marvel grief about it's lack of female led movies.  Yes, we have Black Widow, but she still hasn't got her own movie, and her back story is probably to the most interesting out of all of the Marvel characters in the movies to date.  Instead, they're going to give us a Captain Marvel film, someone that we have nothing invested in, and if you don't read comic books, know nothing about.  It is a step forward for them, though.

So what do you think?  Would you go and see a stand alone Hit Girl movie?  Chime in down below in the comments section and give me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment