Monday, May 7, 2018

Mmmm...That New Spaceship Smell!


In just a few weeks we are going to be able to see the latest "stand alone" Star Wars movie.  Even though Rogue One did amazingly well with fans, it didn't re-cast beloved characters with a new actors.   While this has some fans nervous, it doesn't seem to ebb the flow of ticket sales for the movie as it has passed Black Panther for early ticket sales.  It's for good reason, too.  Check out the trailer below:



For me, the most exciting character that will be making an appearance isn't C3P0 (yes, Anthony Daniels will be showing up at some point, making him the "Stan Lee" of the Star Wars universe), but the Millennium Falcon.  Why?  Because of the obvious difference of appearance it has, which makes me want to know what happened to it to make it look like it did in A New Hope.  Don't know what I'm getting at?  Let me show you what I mean.  


The obvious difference between the two is the front of the ship.  My guess is that the missing portion from the front of the ship is a shuttle craft of some sort.  I may be wrong, but it kind of jives with other spaceships from the Star Wars universe (i.e. the Ghost).  Not only does it's exterior look a lot different, but check out the interior:


Look how clean and new it looks!  It almost doesn't look like the same spaceship!  


The interior from A New Hope definitely gives it that "lived in" feeling.  I kind of like the darker interior as opposed to the bright new Falcon we'll be seeing in Solo.  Who knows? Maybe after seeing it when it comes out on May 25 I'll change my mind.  Let me know your thoughts on the Falcon, both old and new, in the comments section down below.




No comments:

Post a Comment