Thursday, August 17, 2017

Unique View Of Two Different Director Styles From MCU Actor


Sean Gunn has had the pleasure of working with both his brother, James Gunn, and the Russo brothers, Anthony and Joe.  He worked double-duty when filming Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 & 2, as Kraglin and as the motion capture performer for Rocket Raccoon.  Bradley Cooper does the voice, but Sean is the guy who does all of the physical work.  Because of this, he's been on the set for the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, and like I said in the title of this post, he's got a first hand view of the different directing styles.


"The Russos are different, but I can tell you they’re great. I can tell you I love working with them, and I think I also identified with the idea of working with my brother as something that they do all the time, just like my brother and I do. I really enjoyed working with them, but the style’s different. No director is like any other exactly."


While Sean talked about the directors with ComicBook.com, Paul Bettany spoke with Collider to talk about the scale of the Infinity War movie.


“It felt like the biggest movie that I’ve ever made and will ever make, and we’ve still got to make the [next] one. It’s f***ing crazy! I would come in, often at dawn because of the length of my make-up, and there would just be all of these twinkling lights. It looked like a town, but it wasn’t. It was where all of the trailers were. It was just massive. It’s massive! The call sheets are bananas. When you see the list of cast members, you’re like, ‘How is anybody else making a film in Hollywood, this year? How are they getting films financed? Everybody is in this!'”


He continued:


“[The Russos] are so great. They’ve got so much trust, from the cast and from Kevin Feige and Marvel, in general. They’re incredibly on top of the day, when you show up, and they’re very open to your input and collaboration. They were incredibly relaxed. It was a wonderful, relaxed set that was stress-free. It was a stress-free set, which was brilliant.”


It's always fun to get the inside view of how things work during filming, and I also get a kick out of how excited the actors sound whenever they talk about filming this movie.  Can't wait for it to come out.  Oh, in case I haven't let you know it's release date (at least a couple of dozen times in older posts!) Avengers: Infinity War will hit theaters on May 4, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment