Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Could We Still Get A Gremlins 3?

It's been 33 years since the original Gremlins was released into theaters.  While it was directed by Joe Dante back in 1984, the movie was written by Chris Columbus.  It should be noted that even though Dante directed the 1990 sequel, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, Columbus had nothing to do with that one.  He has recently said that he has a fully written script for Gremlins 3, which he said follows the darker tone that the first movie had, as opposed to the more comedic one that the sequel had. 


Columbus recently sat down with Slashfilm to talk about his desire to make a proper sequel:


“I’m really proud of the script, It is as twisted and dark as anything, so we’ll see. It’s always a budgetary conversation when we’re going to shoot it. I wanted to go back to the really twisted sensibility of the first movie. I found that was a very easy place for me to fall back into and start writing again so hopefully we’ll see that movie soon.”


One of the questions that he was asked was wouldn't it be easier to get rid of the infestation of Gremlins if they just killed off Gizmo, the original Mogwai?


“Very good observation. That comes up in the movie, certainly … I think it probably is a good idea to be honest with you. Too many people are dying”


I don't know if he was just jerking us around about that last part, but it still seems pretty cool that he's still wanting to do this project.  With all of the new technology and CGI that's around now, I think it could be a pretty epic film.  Don't know if it will ever get made, but if I hear anything else, I'll let you all know.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment