Monday, March 7, 2016

Possible Rogue One Trailer Leaked Online

REPORT: Rogue One Trailer Close to Airing — Tone is Dark

Usually over the weekend I stay away from my computer, I like to decompress and relax. The problem with this is that sometimes I miss out on certain things that get posted and then quickly taken down.  This is what happened to me this past weekend.  Apparently, the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story made it's way online.  At least, whoever leaked it said that it was.  One of the things that leads credence to this person's claim was that it was immediately removed, and all reposts of the trailer on YouTube have been removed by the site as well.  The website that reported this, WeGotThisCovered.com, said that it looked official, but at the same time they said that it's effects work was not very good, and they found it hard to believe that Disney would release something of such poor quality.

It was being reported last week that Disney is in fact close to releasing a trailer for the film, but they aren't sure which trailer to reveal first.  From what it sounded like, there are three or four that they are choosing from.  Once they decide which one to show us first, then the editing and clean up to the shots could begin, giving the leaked trailer even more authenticity.  However, since the trailer was taken down before I was able to view it, I can't say for sure.  The one thing that I did see before it was removed was a still frame of some AT-At's against a sunset/sunrise.  It reminded me of that scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens that showed the three Tie Fighters flying in front of a rising sun.

Was anyone able to watch this trailer before it was removed?  If you did, let me know what you saw, and what your thoughts were on it.  You can leave them in the comments section below, you can email me at comconocave@gmail.com, or you can visit the Comconolcast Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment