Monday, March 28, 2016

Batman V Superman Dominates The Box Office!

Batman v Superman battle posters featured image Update: Batman V Superman Scores $424 Million Worldwide DebutSorry this is a little late going out, but I've been a little under the weather this past weekend.  I wasn't able to go and see Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice, but I've read a lot of the news reports and have talked to a lot of people that went and saw it...and not just once, but two or three times.  In all, Batman v Superman pulled in over $424 million in it's opening weekend, making it the highest opening comic book movie EVER, and it showed that there is a bit of a disconnect between comic book fans and movie critics.  Before it's release late Thursday evening, there were a slew of articles that said the movie was horrible, but with an opening like the one it had showed that people are going to see this in droves, and not just once, but two or three times.  Fans are embracing this movie like no other.  And who can blame them?  This is the first time that we get to see the Holy Trinity on the silver screen at the same time.  By the way, that would be Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, just in case you didn't know who I was talking about.  And speaking of Wonder Woman, from what everyone has been telling me, she stole the show.  She was the most talked about character from the film out of everyone I talked to, which bodes well for Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman solo film that is currently filming as we speak.  The true test of this movie's staying power will be next weekend when we see how much the movie drops off from this past weekend.  That will be when I get to go see it.  So I've got to go, kids.  I've got a doctor's appointment to make, but I'll be back again tomorrow.  Same Bat time, same Bat channel!



No comments:

Post a Comment