Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Just A Thought About Indiana Jones 5...

indiana jones 5 harrison ford21 Will Indiana Jones 5 Plot the Same Course As Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Happy Tuesday, boys and girls!  Sorry about yesterday, but I needed a three-day weekend and was a little busy getting other things done.  But I'm back, and I've got some things for you to think about!

I was reading an article on screenrant.com that was titled "Will Indiana Jones 5 plot the same course as Star Wars: The Force Awakens?"  which was talking about the story and how to please old and new fans alike.  They made some good points, but that's not what got me thinking.  I've discussed this with a couple of people, and they think that I'm way off on this, but I still want to throw this out there.

First, a little build up.  After Disney bought Lucasfilm from George Lucas which gave them the rights to not only Star Wars but Indiana Jones, there was a lot of talk about Indiana Jones getting a "reboot" and that Disney was going to cast a younger actor in the role of Henry Jones, Jr.  While all of this was going on, two things happened.  First, Kathleen Kennedy came out and said that there were no plans in the immediate future to make a new Indiana Jones movie, which we now know isn't true since they announced one for 2019.  Second, Steven Spielberg said that there would only ever be one Indiana Jones, and that was Harrison Ford.  We also know that both Spielberg and Ford will be returning for this next installment, which looks to be the last one.  So what if they actually make this the last Indiana Jones adventure?

It was the title of the article I was reading that got me to thinking.  What if they really do follow the same plans as The Force Awakens for Indiana Jones 5 and they have Indy die at the end of the movie?  It would definitely put an end to the franchise, right?  And wouldn't Ford and Spielberg want to go out with a bang?  Remember it was Ford's idea originally to kill Han Solo off in Return of the Jedi, so what's to stop them from doing the same to Indy?  Have him go out in some epic battle and go down in a blaze of glory?  It would stop all of the talk about someone new playing Indy, and it would cap off Ford and Spielberg's run together in the series.

I know Spielberg said that Ford will be the only Indiana Jones..ever.  But let's be serious.  Disney purchased Lucasfilm for a lot of money.  Granted, it was primarily to get Star Wars, but why let another great series go to waste and just throw it away after one movie?  Spielberg may not direct another actor as Indiana Jones, but that's not to say they can't hire a new director  to do a new Indiana Jones movie with a new actor. Heck, they're looking for a young Han Solo as we speak, so why not a new Indy?

So what do you think?  Am I way off in my thinking like my friends have been telling me, or is it possible that they could actually do this?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below, and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment