Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This Is A Crazy Star Wars Theory, But It May Be True!



Do you remember this picture that I posted?

Last night I was talking to my friend Ken, one half of the John/Ken Show on YouTube.  If you haven't checked them out yet, go watch the BYBI Show over there, and enjoy!  Well worth the time! But I digress...

I have a long habit of calling Ken so I can bounce ideas off of him.  In this case, however, he gave me a theory that I believe to be true that he reached after reading a couple of my old posts, so in this case, I'll share credit for the idea, but I really didn't have anything to do with it.  To be honest, I'm a little disappointed I didn't think of this myself!

Back in June of this year I wrote a post that talked about how Marvel was in the process of filling in the gaps that took place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.  In one of their comics, it was revealed that Han Solo had been (or still was) married to Sana Solo, pictured above.  Because of this revelation, my friend Ken came up with the idea that the character Finn, played by John Boyega, is actually Han Solo's son!

If you think about it, it's not that far fetched, I mean, look at who the director is.  JJ Abrams is known for misleading people with his movies and trailers.  M. Night Shyamalan is one of the few directors that can pull this off better than Abrams (remember The Sixth Sense?)  Look at what he did with Star Trek Into Darkness, and I'm not talking about his dismal attempt at hiding the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch was Khan, but with his commercial for the movie.  In it, he showed a "shadowed" spaceship crashing into the California bay, and everyone assumed that it was the U.S.S. Enterprise.  Turned out that it was the U.S.S. Vengeance that crashed.  Abrams loves to mislead people with his trailers.

In every trailer that we've seen, and with every article that has been written, everyone has been assuming that Rey is being tagged as the daughter of Han and Leia, but what if it's Finn that is the son of Han Solo?  Why else would you introduce Sana unless you were planning on explaining how Finn could be Han's son?  Heck, in an interview that was done over the last couple of weeks Boyega said that when he won the job as Finn, Abrams sent him a note saying something along the lines of "Congratulations!  You're the new star of the series!"  It might have just been a congratulations, but after talking to Ken, I'm beginning to think that there's a little bit more to that statement than I originally thought.

I know that I wrote recently that Finn is supposed to be Lando's son, but if you think about it, this makes more sense.  This is the "Luke, I am your father" moment.  This could be huge!

It should be said that this is the only place that you will hear about this theory, I haven't read it anywhere else, so if it happens to pop up later, remember that you read it here first.  What do you think?  Are we off our rockers, or does this sound like something that could be plausible?  Let me know your thoughts on this idea in the comments section below!  And check out BYBI on YouTube, and check them out on Twitter @BYBI73.  And check out my Twitter channel @comconoclast!

No comments:

Post a Comment