Monday, November 9, 2015

The Force Awakens' First Television Spot And Japanese Trailer (Part 1)

star-wars-international-things-we-learned

Honestly, once Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets released, I don't know what I'm going to write about for a while!  I guess I'll have to move onto Rogue One after that. Anyway...some interesting news has popped up about the new Star Wars flick, as well as a new international trailer that was released in Japan.  And the trailer?  Pretty freakin' sweet!


The first thing I noticed was this was the first time that we got to hear BB-8 "speak."  It was cute, and fits with another article I read stating that BB-8 was suppose to be a "female" droid.  My first thought was, "Huh?"  I didn't know that droids were one way or the other, but the article went on to say that it might be because Rey is the one BB-8 travels with.  In the original Star Wars, Luke refers to both C3P0 and R2D2 as "he" and "him" which gave them genders.  In this new movie, Rey refers to BB-8 as her.  I never really thought about this until I read it, and am still confused why this bit of news garnered an article to be written about it, but here I am doing the same thing.

One other bit of SPOILER news (see what I did there?  If you keep reading now, this may ruin a surprise!) that was being reported was that one specific main character's last name may have been revealed.  The character Finn, which is played by John Boyega, may actually have the last name "Calrissian."  This may be the tie in for Billy Dee Williams' appearance in Star Wars: Episode VIII (unofficial title, of course.)  Back in May of this year The Sun, a British tabloid, announced that Williams will be making a cameo appearance in the second movie of the new trilogy.  This may be the slide that brings him back into the films.  You know, it amazes me that in a galaxy far, far away that has billions, if not trillions of people in it, the siblings of the original trilogy happen to run into one another.  Must be the workings of the Force.

So get your lightsabers polished up, fanboys!  There's just a little over a month to go before we get to see the nest installment in the story!  Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters December 18 of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment