Monday, November 30, 2015

Aquaman Villian Rumored For Stand Alone Movie

aquaman-villain-rumor

Warner Bros. and DC have me scratching my head with this choice...if it's true.

The website JoBlo is reporting that the villain of the upcoming Aquaman movie will be none other than Orm, or Ocean Master, who is Aquaman's half-brother.  JoBlo is reporting this as a "surprise" move by DC and Warner Bros., but considering that he's been Aquaman's main antagonist in the New 52 storyline, as well as appearing in the animated film Aquaman: Throne of Atlantis, it really shouldn't surprise anyone.  If this is true, do they really think that this is the best course of action to set them apart from the Marvel movies?  Let me explain...

Stop me if you've hear this one.  The son of a king to a realm is being groomed to take it over, while his half-brother plots to take it from him due to his jealous nature and his desire for power.  Where have I heard this plot line before?  Hmmm...Oh, wait!  That's the same plot from the Thor movie!  Wow!  I knew that this sounded familiar!

Come on guys!  If you're trying to set yourself apart from the Marvel franchises, at least come up with an original idea!  There are so many other villains that you could have chosen, like, I don't know, Black Manta?  Black Manta is also a much cooler villain, as well.  Just a thought, guys.

The script is still being written by screenwriter Charles Roven, and if this is the case, maybe someone should shoot this post over to him and let him see if this is truly the best course of action for this movie.  Then again, maybe it's just me.  What do you think?  Am I over reacting, or does this new Aquaman movie just sound like Thor under water?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment