Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Last Skywalker: Final Trailer

I know, I know...I've been gone a while.  My apologies, but life happens.  People die, you mourn, you work, you keep going.  Somethings get pushed aside, and I apologize that I haven't kept you all up to date, the fanboy stuff was one of them.  I'm done mourning, and I am back.

What better way to jump back into things than by breaking down the final trailer for the LAST   saga film.  Everything from this point on will be "new stories" that may refer to the Skywalker family, but will never deal with them again. Dun Dun Dunnn...

Okay, that may be too sinister.  Disney will find a way to make more money off of the three trilogies of this family.  Until then, let's break down the final trailer.

The trailer starts with Rey running through a forest. Could it be Endor?  She jumps over a ravine, and then lands on a metal structure that looks like something that she was scavenging off of on Jakku from The Force Awakens.  Could these two scenes be a Jedi "vision quest?"  Possibly, but we see her with a training droid on this forest planet.  That seemed pretty concrete, right?  That it was actually happening.  What if she is running a gauntlet of "visions" that came from herself and Luke?  Or what if she is traveling to places that Luke has been to learn and train from his Force Ghost?  Just something to think about.

The Rebels are returning to the fourth moon of Yavin.  We haven't seen this place since...well, Rogue One.  I was going to say A New Hope, but the show of this base in the "stand alone" movie kind of ruined this "surprise" for me.  Wow.  They went back to where the started.  Just doesn't feel as dramatic after it was featured in Rogue One.  But it is shown, so "Yay."

Here's where things start to get interesting.  Enter the Emperor!  Okay, we don't "see" him in this trailer, but we do hear him.  He says, "Long have I waited...and now, your coming together is your undoing". Is he talking about the Rebels, or is he referring to Rey and Kylo Ren joining forces?  Don't look at me, I'm just posing the questions!  We are going to have to wait until December 20th to find out.  But let's move on, there are other questions that need to be raised.

Rey, like the Emperor, has a spoken dialogue that is a "voice over."  She says that many claim to know her, but don't.  Then Kylo Ren jumps in and says that he does.  Is this before or after Rey turns him to the Light side of the Force? Do they team up against the Emperor?  We see them both striking down an object that is dark and human sized...much too obvious, but possible.  

Then there is C3PO.  They are talking to him like he is going to kill them.  This must mean that all of the rumors that we have heard are true, that C3PO turns "evil" when the First Order tried to discover a lost fleet of the Empire.  It seems that they find it, and that the Rebels are ready for them.  There seem to be a boat-load of spaceships in this final trailer!  And the most exciting one we see?  Lando reclaiming the Falcon!  Here's too Billy Dee Williams for making it back after 30/40 years!

So tell me what you see in the final trailer.  There is enough that anyone could possibly see what they want to see. I told you what I see, now tell me what you see.  Leave your comments in the section below, or reach out to me on Facebook.  Until next time, loyal followers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment