Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Whoa...

The unthinkable has happened! Spider-Man is no longer a part of the MCU and Neo will be returning in The Matrix 4!   Yeah, that title isn't official yet, it's just what I'm going with right now.

Keanu Reeves has done the impossible...as far as Hollywood is concerned anyways.  He is one of the most bankable actors in Tinseltown.  Thanks to the HUGE success of the John Wick movies, he is a hot commodity.  Because of his bankability. movie studios are looking at old properties that they have that feature him and are trying to cash in on his popularity.  He is currently filming Bill and Ted Face The Music and now it's been announced that he will be returning to The Matrix  franchise to reprise his role as Neo.  Carrie-Anne Moss is also signed on to the new project, which will be written and directed by one half of the original duo, Lana Wachowski, and is said to be featuring a younger version of Morpheus, so it doesn't look like Lawrence Fishburne will be returning.

On personal note, I loved the first Matrix  movie.  I thought that the second two sucked.  No need to explain why, I think that this is a universal agreement.  Because of this, I am not very optimistic that this movie will be any good.  Having said that, this is their chance to completely redeem themselves from the last two disasters and give us a grand and glorious conclusion.  Because this is Hollywood, though, I am not holding my breath.  I just hope that this decision by Reeves doesn't;t hurt his bankablity.  I like the guy, he's done a lot of good movies and he's good to his fans.  He seems to genuinelycare about them, which is a rare trait in Hollywood.  I would hate to see a s****y Matrix 4 movie screw everything up for him.

Do you see how I am more worried about the fourth Matrix movie than I am about the third Bill and Ted movie?  This has got to tell you something.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Keanu, don't screw this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment