Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New Rumors Show Rogue One Is Going To Be Action Packed!

Rogue One A Darth Vader Story

Every time I read something new about this year's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I get more and more excited for it to be released!  Take the most recent news that just came out.  Comicbook.com is reporting that not only will Darth Vader be making an appearance in the film, but will play a major role in it, as well.  This isn't really news, though.  Just last week I reported that Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin are going to be in the movie.  You can't have a movie about the Death Star without having both of these characters showing up.  But that wasn't the most interesting bit of news.  Yes, it's pretty exciting that Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin have all but been confirmed as appearing in the film, but the second part of the rumor was what grabbed my attention.

Here's what Comicbook.com had to say about what else we can expect:

"Additionally, a new Tie Fighter design will be shown off and AT-AT's will be featured in Rogue One.  There is also said to be a 'scene stealer' droid that works with the rebels, specifically Felicity Jones' group.  The droid was originally an Empire droid which was repurposed to serve the rebel alliance.  He is two-legged and a dark grey or black color with long arms and legs, looking very different from C-3PO."

Can you see why this was exciting news?  AT-ATs!!!  One of my favorite memories of any Star Wars film growing up was the first time I ever saw an AT-AT in The Empire Strikes Back.  Seeing their size and hearing how loud their footsteps were as they moved closer and closer to the rebel base sent chills up my spine.  Hey, I was eight years old for crying out loud!  It was awesome!

So that's it for new Rogue One rumors.  If you hear anything else about the film, feel free to let me know and I'll look into it.  You can either leave it in the comments section below, or you can contact me at comconocave@gmail.com.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story comes out December 16, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment