Thursday, April 23, 2015

Is (SPOILER) Going To Appear In Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

star wars the force awakens

We've all heard that there are going to be flashback scenes in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it's rumored that one scene will focus on Darth Vader...but what if his appearance isn't limited to a flashback?

I have to admit, it took me several viewings of the second trailer for the film before something soaked in.  In the trailer, we hear Luke Skywalker talking to someone.  Here's what he said:

"The Force is strong in my family.  My father has it.  I have it.  My sister has it.  You have that power, too."

So, did you catch it?  Don't feel bad, when I heard it the first time I thought he just misspoke.  But really?  In a movie of this magnitude, you don't flub dialogue like that, let alone put it in the trailer!

"My father has it."

Luke doesn't refer to his father in the past tense.  In an interview with the AP, Mark Hamill recalled having to do the delivery a number of times because he kept getting the tense wrong.  He said he kept saying "My father had it."  This seems pretty significant, but what does it mean?  Here's what Mark Hamill had to say on the matter:

"[There is] so much information there for you to speculate about.  It implies so much that's gone on, from Jedi 'til now.  They don't call it a teaser for nothing.  They want to tease you."

I know that today's post isn't very long, but I thought that it was worth reporting this.  While I have you, let me pose a question to you.  What if that person that touches R2-D2 in the trailer isn't Like at all?  What if that was Anakin?  He was one of the owners of the droid, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that it could be him.  I mean, why would Luke take the synthetic skin off of his hand?  What if Anakin was cloned to try and prevent any degeneration from the original?  There are a lot of questions that need to be answered, and as soon as the movie is released, I'm sure they will be!  Just things to make you go Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment