Friday, September 2, 2016

Now Here's A Remake That I'm Looking Forward To!

Normally when I hear the words "movie remake," it makes me cringe.  So many great classic movies have been destroyed by movie studios wanting to cash in on an already done ideas by giving us "remakes" of these films, and them trying to tell us that these are better than the originals because they are contemporary.  And if it's not a remake, then it's a sequel that shouldn't be made, like this summer's Ghostbusters.  However, there are exceptions to the rule, look at Jurassic World.  That movie was not only fun to watch, but it was also a box office hit.  So maybe I should keep an open mind after learning that there's going to be a Jumanji remake...


I first found out that they were going to do a remake of Jumanji a couple of months ago, which at first surprised me, because I thought they already did that when they released Zathura: A Space Adventure, right?  Anyway, I started looking into the movie and found a pretty interesting and impressive cast.  There was Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Nick Jonas.  Okay, I wasn't really that impressed when I heard that Nick Jonas was going to be in it, but the rest of the cast I was.  Look, I just haven't seen anything that Jonas has done, give me a break.  He might be great in the movie.  So I've been quietly keeping up with any new information that has come out regarding the film.


Earlier this week, it was announced that Karen Gillan is going to join the cast.  To me?  This is great news.  She was always my favorite companion on Doctor Who and she did a great job in Guardians of the Galaxy.  She's quickly becoming a rising star, and I look forward to anything that she stars in.  Unfortunately, we don't know who her character is going to be, or what type of character she'll be playing.  We actually don't know any of the actors roles in the movie.  They've been keeping everything closely under wraps.


So how do you feel about the Jumanji remake?  Do you think that it's a good idea, or do you think it's stepping all over the memory of Robin Williams and his performance in the original?  Does knowing who the cast is going to be in the remake make you the least bit interested?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section down below.





No comments:

Post a Comment