Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Supergirl May Take Place In Arrow/Flash Universe

Well, before I start...yes, I won't be posting over the next few days.  It is Thanksgiving, and I'm celebrating with family, so...deal with it!  Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

So!  I was trolling around the Internet, and while I was on Blastr.com, I found an article that I thought was interesting...especially since I had been told that the exact opposite was true!  Greg Berlanti had said at one point that "Supergirl" was not going to take place in the Arrow/Flash universe. However, here's the most recent quote:

“Later in the afternoon at his other office on the Warner Bros. lot, Berlanti meets with fellow producer Ali Adler and Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood to go over looks for their upcoming revamp of Supergirl. The show will follow 24-year-old Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, and with a twist that that could melt fanboy brains, Berlanti says it's possible this Supergirl could enter the worlds of Arrow and The Flash.”

This is interesting in a couple of ways.  First, CBS (which is the network that will be airing the new Supergirl television show) is the parent company of CW and TNT.  For them to not include Supergirl in the Arrow/Flash universe was unbelievable, especially since Berlanti is apart of the Arrow and Flash team!  Wait...why did I mention TNT?

TNT is going to be bringing us a live action Teen Titans television show next year, and it was reported that this will ALSO be apart of the Arrow/Flash universe.  So why would they want to separate the Supergirl show from the rest?

I think it was revealed that Supergirl would be separate before the Flash was released and it was realized that it is an AMAZING television show!  After seeing it's success, I think they may have changed their minds. And it's a smart move, too.  Marvel has the monopoly on combined movie universes, but DC could corner the market in the television market.

No comments:

Post a Comment