Thursday, June 1, 2017

Head Bump Stormtrooper Speaks Out

It's hard to believe that this year will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original Star Wars.  What's even more amazing is that it's gone on to be one of the most celebrated series in cinematic history, especially considering that many believed that the movie would be a flop.  It hit a lot of roadblocks during production, from schedule shoots, to coming up with new technology for filming certain scenes.  That's how Industrial Light And Magic was born.  Even though the movie went on to be a global success, there were a few mistakes that made their way into the final cut.  The most famous one is of a Stormtrooper hitting his head on a door as he's walking into a room on the Death Star.  The Stormtrooper in the scene was played by Laurie Goode, and wsa recently asked by THR about what happened that day on the set.  Here's what Goods had to say:

“On the second day of filming, I developed an upset stomach. By midmorning, I had paid three to four visits to the loo/bathroom. Having re-dressed myself and returned to the set, I felt the need to rush back to the gents’ toilets, but I was placed in [the] shot. On about the fourth take, as I shuffled along, I felt my stomach rumbling, and “bang,” I hit my head! As I wasn’t moving too fast, it was more of a scuffed bash, so it didn’t hurt, but as no one shouted “cut,” I thought the shot wasn’t wide enough for me to be in frame.”

Goode didn't know that he made the final cut until he saw the movie in the theater.

 But when I did see it in the cinema, I thought: ‘OMG, that’s me!’ I’ve been telling people the story ever since it occurred.”


Hey, if you're going to be a part of cinematic history, it's nice to know that you've stood out!

No comments:

Post a Comment