Tuesday, March 21, 2017

This is worse than a reboot...


I'm sorry that this is a late post, but I have a job that pays, and this one doesn't.  I do it out of love of the genre, and the fans that follow fanboy news.  So today's post is going to be a rant.  i know that they are not very popular, but this is something that I feel pretty strongly about.  Let's get started!

We all know that "Reboots" are pretty much the lowest form of quality when it comes to movies.  The production companies think that if they churn out a new version of something old that we all love, we'll come flocking! (How would you feel if they "reboot" Star Wars?) So now, instead of "rebooting" films, they're taking animated movies and turning them into live-action films.  I think this is a disgrace.  It's THE SAME MOVIE!!! It just has living actors!  Unfortunately, this weekend's Beauty And The Beast has shown me that there are a lot of people out there that do NOT hold my contempt.  Even though the film pretty much made the same movie as the animated one from years ago, it pulled in over $170 million over it's opening weekend!  I truly do not understand this!  Oh wait, they created two new songs for the film!  Never mind, it all makes sense to me now!  What the...no....this is a family blog.  This makes about as much sense to me as Titanic.  Why did that movie ever make so much money?  You knew how it was going to end!  The ship sinks, and somebody dies!  It's a romance movie!  Even though Nicholas Sparks didn't write it, you should have known that one of the main characters were going to die!  It's the same thing with Beauty And The Beast.  We all saw the animated film, so why is this movie getting such high marks and box office totals?!?  And this isn't the only one that Disney is regurgitating to us!  They're also making a live-action The Little Mermaid!  It's only going to get worse!  Don't believe me?  Look at your movie listings...they made a movie from the CHIPS TV show from the 80's!  It's getting cold, and I think it's because Hollywood has frozen over.

Sorry about this post, I just needed to rant.  I'll try and find something substantial to write about tomorrow.  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment